Thank you for your interest in bringing a team
to work with Hope 4 Honduras!
Basic Information/Ground Costs
The teams that come to work with us are usually here from Sunday to Saturday. We have teams of all sizes and the ground cost is $850 per person for a team of 10 people or more ($950 per person for 9 people and under). That is all inclusive….accommodations, ground transportation, food. You find your team’s best airfare. Sorry, we are unable to accommodate individuals at this time.
Building a house can be done by anyone because we have helpers who pick up the slack. That takes two to three days to paint and built the house and four to five people can work on that project. The house dedication is at the end of the week and your team can do this themselves. We are there with you, but want the heart of each team to come through in this activity. We have an interpreter for this if you need it. There are articles you present to them along with the furnishings we purchase for the new house. It is one of the favorite projects our teams do! The cost of this project for your team is $4,000.
Distributing food serves around 300 houses with four to six people bagging and assembling, and the entire team can help with the distribution. Your team will walk through the colonia personally giving the residents the much needed food. It is great way to get up close and personal with the people who need your help so badly. The cost of this project for your team is $3,500.
OTHER TEAM ACTIVITIES
- Desarrollo Infantil (Child Development) is a program in which members of your team can help. Our teachers do the lesson and you can reinforce that with crafts, games, songs, etc. You will need to bring all your supplies for that project. There are usually twenty-five children, 4-5 years old, in the morning and twenty-five in the afternoon session.
- Bilingual Program always needs help hearing good English speakers and reading in English. You and your team can help every day with these children who are amazing to teach. You don’t have to be a teacher….just someone who loves kids and wants to help!
- Feeding In The Streets is an everyday activity you can be a part of. Go with two of our staff members and help feed around 300 kids in the area.
- Women’s Meetings is another option for the ladies on your team. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings they can present a short lesson and do a craft with the women of our service area.
- Painting some of the houses we built years ago is a project for teams that want something in addition to building a house, distributing bagged food, working in the education programs, and doing women’s ministry.